Thursday, January 21, 2010

General Ketchup

It is so difficult for me to adjust to life in England and I feel somewhat lost and in some Kafka-esque nightmare – a weird and distorted limbo.

So i try to bury my head in my thesis, escaping occasionally to play with family and friends who make my life bearable. I am so blessed. I have met just a chosen few and they have been all so lovely, kind and helpful.

Fortunately my first drafts have been surprisingly well received by my University and are close to the point for full submission. Thus, i am planning a final trip up in the first week in February for final meetings with my tutor, and an appointment with the library for final reference checks. March now looks the likely start for my African Adventures and running more than six weeks behind where i wanted to be, Plan B has been forced into implementation.

Just as well for my feet itch to travel.

And travel i will, for today i meet up with Boy and together we head off to meet up with parents who sensibly winter in the South of France for a three day trip. I have been through Nice as a kid, but i can´t remember anything about the place. I travel with The Beast and i´ll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment