Sunday, January 31, 2010

Border Crossings

Bolty crossing into Laos

Bolty sent me this timely reminder about some of the more obscure Border Crossings.

Crossed the Laos / Cambodia border (Voueng Kam / Dom Kralor) a few days back. Only me.. no-one else. Middle of the jungle. As you can see in the photo it was designed for very very small people / animals to cross. I assumed it was used by hobbits or some legendary pixie-type forest creature. The fair to pass was: USD23 for the visa, USD2 for paying immigration for Sunday overtime, USD1 for health check (temp gun at the head) and USD2 for... wait for it........ the ink in the stamp on the visa. I was rolling over laughing. Wish there was someone else there to share it with.... Keep well all. It's mad out there.

My passport (issued after my mugging in Bolivia) is less than 4 years old and valid for 10. However with just four clear pages left, i suddenly realise it isn´t going to get me very far in Africa at all. With great British efficiency i am told to expect a wait of 2-6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment