Thursday, October 8, 2009

Shooting the Dalai Lama


Yesterday I had a meeting with Lobsang, the Editor in Chief of Contact Magazine. He is applying for my press pass for the next Dalai Lama teachings. Security continues to tighten around HH Dalai Lama, with cameras only permitted on the first day of the first set of teachings.

Between October 15th – 18th, HHDL will give teachings on The Diamond Sutra, Geshe Chekewa's Seven Point-Mind Training and Tsongkhapa's The Three Principal Paths at the request of Taiwanese devotees. On the last day, he will confer the Avalokiteshvera. Heavy duty teachings indeed!

Between 20th – 22nd His Holiness will give teachings on The Four Noble Truths at the request of a group of Southeast Asian Buddhists.

Both sets of teachings will be held at the main temple.

This will probably be my last chance to photograph his Holiness, so i´m pretty excited. Unlike my last shoot with him, I should be able to get up close and personal.

I was pretty happy with the results from my last photo-shoot with HHDL in April for the observation of the 50th Anniversary in Exile, but I can´t resist a final session.

Don´t forget you can follow his broadcasts through translation here.

1 comment: