Saturday, October 3, 2009

Follow-up to THE Love Story

I received a lovely email from Whitney S. the 26 year old American who married a rickshaw driver/owner in Jaiphur after a whirlwind romance.

In a rare Ketchup with Aubs exclusive, Whitney writes:

I'm shocked and flattered that our story has become such a topic of conversation in the world! After all, people fall in love and get married all the time, right?

We did innumerable interviews in Jaipur, many of which had photos and other videos.
We were followed every day after the wedding!

Now I am back in the US and Rishi is in Jaipur. We are applying for visas and all that, but I'm afraid it will be awhile before he can meet my family here. I am supposed to go back to India in January for a big reception thrown by his parents... but I spent ages working and saving for my first trip there, so it will be very difficult.

It is said that Hindus believe a marriage commits you for 7 lives. This is not our first, and at the risk of sounding crazy, I did not marry him after only 4 days... I have known him for centuries. And I am insanely grateful that the universe brought us together in this life as well.

India is a completely magical place!

Whitney passed me a couple of video links, and kindly invites me to her Indian reception. I have warned her that i am definitely there if i´m still in India.

Check out this local TV News footage
or this one from you-tube

No comments:

Post a Comment