Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Medication Time

I´ve never been so healthy in my life. So why have I had to make five trips to the Doctors´ Surgery since January?

I have had to endure re-registering at the family´s Doctor after they mislaid my medical records more than 25 years ago. I would have thought they would have welcomed me back with open arms! Clearly this is not the case, and I have had to follow some stringent procedures, in the first instance with the Head Registrar and then the Nurse, being weighed, measured (strangely i continue to grow taller), prodded, poked, blood pressure taken and providing urine samples. A perfect specimen of healthy man apparently!

Having now jumped through the variety of hoops, my first load of injections begins on Thursday, which is the reason why I needed to re-register in the first place. They include hepatitis A, hepatitis B, meningococcal meningitis, rabies, diphtheria, typhoid, yellow fever, measles, mumps, rubella and polio and boosters for tetanus. Fortunately i have the young and very attractive Nurse Carol to administer this barrage of dosages - and i certainly don´t want to be crying in front of her.

My ass will become the ultimate pin cushion and the side-effects should be interesting to say the least.

Editor´s Addition: Nurse Carol is neither young or attractive. However she is quite sweet and offers me two stickers for "being brave". I turned these down, but did request a lollipop instead. She doesn´t oblige.

We are sticking to arms rather than ass for now, with Hep. B delivered in my left arm and rabies (1) in my right.

Fortunately i know my Guardian Angel is with me, possesses a hot nurse´s uniform and promises me TLC.

Back again next week for round two of three sessions.

2 comments:

  1. According to the above pic, they poked you with a turkey baster. Ouch. You are brave.

    ReplyDelete