Saturday, February 6, 2010

Applications on Facebook

After marmalade-making with Ma, it´s time for some quality Pa bonding moments - and i can´t think of better way to do this than on the golf-course. Pa´s somewhat exclusive golf club is just up the road, and despite the still somewhat inclement weather, we brave it for a few holes.

Pa asks me to give him an "idiot´s guide" to compare blogging, tweeting and Facebook. He struggles with anything electronic at the best of times , let alone IT. I make my explanation as basic as one can possibly make it. Pa likes to write letters, but unfortunately his handwriting looks like a rheumatic one-eyed doctor´s.

I love Facebook. It´s a great way to keep in contact with people i love scattered on six continents. I was always crap at remembering peoples birthdays, but FB saves the day and forces me at least to write to distant friends at least once a year.

Pa´s siblings, aunts, cousins, nephews and nieces around the world are pretty much all on Facebook. I sing it´s praises, but Pa just isn´t going to bite.

Facebook can be highly addictive; hell! Mafia Wars - i must have been playing too much to have risen to level 288.

I am rarely inspired to check out most of the stuff on there, but Yin persuades me to take a Birth Date test which she claims is highly accurate.

Aubrey was born on a Wednesday 25th January 1967.
Adventurous. Great sense of humor. Altruistic. Loves to enjoy life. Caring and loving. Faithful friend. Confident personality. Quite sensitive. Warm and considerate towards people.

It´s certainly not 100% accurate, but the flavours are a fairly accurate representation. Now , how did they do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment