Thursday, September 3, 2009

First Snows of the Season


Taken with my Nikon D200 with 300mm lens from the balcony

After yet another rainy day, the weather cleared ever so briefly to reveal the first snows of the season on the nearby mountain peaks. Looking back at the blog last year this didn´t occur until 6th September.

The continuous wet weather means the ubiquitous “supplies” runs become challenging, although it has done wonders for my dissertation writing.

For background noise, without which i find it difficult to work, I have been alternating between BBC Radio 4, a selection of BBC Radio 2 documentaries (which have included an excellent piece on Miles Davis and some Beatles stuff) and my new “hi-fi” which I have rigged up.

Consisting of my old and slowly dying Zen Creative MP3 player to a pair of Creative Travelsound speakers through the mains, the sound quality is really quite good considering.

With 40GB of Aubreyesque eclectic sounds, I´m well sorted for the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment