Thursday, September 17, 2009

An Eye and a Lens on McLeod Ganj

It was the last day of the Dalai Lama lessons for the Korean Buddhist delegation.
The village positively buzzes during HHDL teachings with streets packed with pilgrims, students, monks and of course, Indian beggars who descend in vast numbers to provide an opportunity to improve the karma of all these Buddhist – both Asian and International students.

I particularly liked this guy on the kora around Dalai Lama´s back garden. He was jovial and happy to pose after a “donation” of Rs7. He´s so happy he is clearly levitating, so I´m happy too.


A day of beautiful mountain sunshine, I took my study books (Robson´s Real World Research) up to roof-top cafĂ© and sweated it out in my black shalwar kamiz. After a particularly hot mutton chilly, I couldn´t face sitting at my computer inside, so leisurely continued my reading on the veranda, in the company of some fresh mocha and a banana/chocolate muffin from the Tibetan bakery.

And then another gorgeous sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment