Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Tour Guide in Hong Kong

With Dr Gloves and Auntie J. tied up in work, I become the official tour guide for The Boy, Sis in Law and Parents. Fortunately they are easy to please.

The ride across Victoria Harbour by Star Ferry remains a highlight of anyones' visit to the Territory, and for just HK$2.30 for an upper deck voyage (about thirty US cents) has to be the best travel bargain. On arrival onto the Island it is a short taxi ride to Garden Road for a Peak Tram trip to the quintessential Peak. I can't believe how long it takes to shepherd my family around.

We enjoy a very la-di-da lunch at The Peak Look-out restaurant (formerly the Peak Cafe). Portions are very generous so we head for a stroll along Luard Road - one of the most scenic walks to be had and offering unparalleled bird's eye views of the city skyscrapers.


My computer is ready for collection. The motherboard was blown and my warranty from South America rendered useless. As predicted, it's expensive enough although it doesn't warrant purchasing a new lap-top. Can't believe the money I'm burning through. I'll be living on dal and rice when i get home.

2 comments: