Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hong Kong Ketchup


My computer has now been returned to me for a second time. Sony have now fitted a second motherboard which have clearly frightened off the locusts that had appeared to have moved in. With just two days left in Hong Kong, I'll probably wait to upload the photos in Dharamsala next week.

Ma and Pa really enjoyed their trip in Hong Kong - they hated it on their only previous visit in the '90s. Indeed they have enjoyed it so much so much they have requested a 1st class London - Hong Kong flight to celebrate their golden wedding anniversary in three years time (and to also include another tea at the Peninsular. I guess it is possible i might actually be earning some money by then. Fortunately my three brothers can also share the burden on this one.

The Sunday barbecue was a huge success. About thirty guests turned up from 1.30 onwards, many of which were old aquaintances and friends. The lamb was swiftly demolished as was Kev's legendary green chicken curry pie. Wong bought over a Beijing duck which i reluctantly shared with other guests.

I'm meeting up this afternoon with some Mr G. graduates for an excursion of the Hong Kong History Museum. For some, it is their last day of IB exams - too frightening to think that so much time has passed - i remember when they were all knee high to a grasshopper. I'm really looking forward to it.

Tonight is curry night at the imfamous Chungking mansions with old colleagues at the Kyber Pass. The food is of consistently high quality, despite the somewhat unsanitary conditions that it is prepared in. An authentic curry experience for just a few dollars. I'll endeavour to complete my shopping at Temple Street night market. I want to try and find some souveniars for Lobsang (my editor), Panden and Rinchen, (my Tibetan students), and Mahinder, my apartment manager.

Dr Gloves has recommended a Peking Duck restaurant for my last supper in town for just a select few. Can't believe I have waited so long for this - I love duck pancakes!

Rumours were rife that i was here to return to Hong Kong on a permanent basis. I am blessed with a network of very special friends who have spoiled me rotten, but i haven't been in McLeod Ganj for close to a month, and i'm really looking forward to my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment