Sunday, February 15, 2009

(Un)Reliance


I allegedly have Broadband connection through a device from “Reliance”. It neatly plugs into my USB port and receives using mobile telephone signals. With a reception of 256KB it can be painfully slow, but quite handy if I´m out and about. However as I have found out in Pushkar, Delhi and Varanasi, it is temperamental. It will accompany me as I venture in the Parvati Valley across the state of Himachal Pradesh for a few days. Whether there is a signal there I don´t know, but we will soon find out.

Parvati was the partner of Lord Shiva and they lived in bliss in Manikaran for eleven hundred years which boasts hot springs in the heart of the valley. Surely it must be a good place to hang out for a while?

There has been a big Hindu party over the last two nights here in McLeod Ganj – the local clarinets have been particularly squeeky. I´m hoping to find some tranquility with some statistics, but I will try and take my camera walkies.

No comments:

Post a Comment