Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I - Spy

After setting up this blog, I set up a free account with Statcounter curious to see who was reading it. It came up with some interesting results. So far there has been hits from over 30 different countries on six continents. I know some friend in UK, Hong Kong and Colombia like to touch base (my previous homes), but the vast majority of readers are from North America (both the US and Canada). I guess they´re rich!

It´s got some pretty sophisticated facilities including exact addresses of hits and returning visitors. I might come and visit if i´m in the area!

Whilst 57% of visitors spend less than 5 seconds on the blog, the average length of other visitors spend between 5 – 20 minutes on the site. Over 50 people have logged onto this blog-space on more than 10 different occasions (and clearly haven´t cleared their cookies!). And one of them isn´t my Mum and Dad who “don´t know how to use it.” The most popular articles have included “Living Without a Washing Machine” (an article I highlighted to Tobes as a clear sign that I had too much time on my hands) and the Death of Zen (which must come as a serious disappointment to many readers).

Back in December I wrote about the fast disappearing “chaupals” - a meeting place - where people could exchange ideas. Please feel free to write (and respond to) comments made. We could create our own 21st Century global on-line chaupal!

No comments:

Post a Comment