Thursday, December 17, 2009

An Eye and a Lens on McLeod Ganj

I didn´t sleep much last night and feel emotionally fragile this morning. My head feels worse than an Eritrean refugee camp .

I get up at 8am, make an egg sandwich and some filter coffee and still feel crap, which is not helped when i find i can´t log in to The Internet. Nonetheless I want to make the most of my last few days in The Ganj.

By about 9 o´clock the sun is trying to push out from behind the clouds, so i grab my camera and head on to the kora.

It does bring me some piece of mind and as i come into the village, i decide to grab a few snaps for my upcoming Café and Restaurant Guide.

Half way up Temple Road and I see this person crouching at the side of the road. She holds out her wafer thin arms towards me for money. The mountain light is soft and gorgeous, so I ask for a few photos and she is happy to oblige. I have to reset the ISO rating and have only the standard 50mm lens with me, but nonetheless, I do love the results i get - she is a natural model and needs no direction. For photo-boffins who stumble upon this photo, it was taken with an ISO160 rating, f6.3 aperture at a 90th of a second exposure.


It should make my day, but it doesn´t.

As I head back to the apartment i note that the black llama-like goats are back, but despite an extensive search the Goatherd is nowhere to be seen.

Despite rehydrating regularly, i can´t shift the headache, and even a 74% cocoa gourmet orange chocolate treat can´t lift my spirits today.

Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment