Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Global Citizen


Many define themselves through their nationality, most especially when travelling abroad. It is often the first question visitors to India are asked.

That whacky and creative English comedian and actor Eddie Izzard self-defines as a European, something that is maybe more prevalent in western continental Europe, but still pretty unusual.

I´m also feeling very global at the moment. I have become very aware of my own India developed mannerisms – the over-politeness, the continual smile on my face, my differential head-shake.

Friends from around the World (on six continents), some of which i have never met in person, share chat, emails and love throughout the day and night. Special and impossible to imagine 10 years ago.

I am not a Watfordonian or English or even European for that matter, I am a global citizen.

I gotta get out of here soon – i´m turning into an old hippie!

No comments:

Post a Comment