Thursday, April 23, 2009

Banned by China?


I have been surprised that this blog has been accessible in China. LJ suggested it would probably avoid being censored as it is an English Language blog.

However, through tracking software, I know that on 10th April Ketchup With Aubs was visited by a person at the Da Qing Information Centre in Harbin, through a Google search of Gedun Chokyi Nyima – the Tibetan candidate for the position of Panchen Lama.

Since then, I have had no hits from China which is unusual – I usually get two or three a week, and indeed a new “follower” from China now subscribes to these blog-feeds.

With an impending visit to Hong Kong coming up, will I be granted a visa to enter Shenzhen? I am concerned.

Editor´s Note: Hoorah! I have just received hits from Guangzhou today 26/04/09

2 comments:

  1. I'm in china and i read your blog.. sometimes things get blocked for a while or an hour or two, then they come back.. will keep you posted if you disappear from my viewing!

    By the way, I love reading your blog! I was in India in 07 and dream of returning one day :)

    Your my only insight into that particular place so close to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete