Sunday, March 1, 2009

Obama Ignores Me


Now it´s not often the words “intelligence” and “integrity” are associated with American presidential candidates, so imagine my surprise at the Democrats putting forward Obama´s name.

I was genuinely excited back in November on Obama´s election success, but was unable to find any information on his position on Tibet. K. who is a total fan of “The Prez” suggested I email him; after all he is IT smart and set up an email hotline. Thus on the 26th January I sent the following email:-

Whilst I fully appreciate Mr Obama has many pressing issues, I would like to know what Mr Obama´s views and opinions are on Tibet.

I am a British citizen living in Dharamsala, India. It is the home of the Dalai Lama and the Tibetan Government in Exile. Many Tibetan refugees also reside here and most have horrendous stories to tell of their homeland through Chinese oppression. It is an issue very close to my heart and I look forward to hearing a response from you shortly.

Yours most sincerely,


So far, I have yet to receive a response.

Last week, Secretary of State Clinton was in Beijing, saying she would be tackling the issue of human rights with the Chinese President. Unfortunately it transpires that time was short so it was more important to solely discuss the collapsing world economy. Obviously economic issues are more important than human rights!

Bombard Mr Obama with emails at comments@whitehouse.gov and see if you get a response.

2 comments:

  1. Obama is far more interested in war than human rights. How could a Clinton even talk about human rights with straight face?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is where Chomsky says the Americans play the "Humanitarian" card, enabling the U.S. to justify every war and invasion, thus by-passing the need to go through the United Nations.

    ReplyDelete