Thursday, March 19, 2009

First Class Postal Service


There is one post office in McLeod Ganj situated on Jogiwara Road. It is open six days a week (closed on Mondays) between 9am -5pm. It closes for for lunch between 1 and 2pm.

A couple of weeks ago, I needed to send some post to the US. I´ve only got a Rp50 note and the clerk has no change. He stamps and posts it and tells me to pay another time.

Hong Kong based Lost Johnny sent a copy of Microsoft Office. He informs me that gone are the days of Black Market software being openly displayed on the streets of Wan Chai and Mong Kok. It is the first postal request I have placed with anybody. He puts our somewhat complex address and it arrives within two weeks.

K. received a package from the US with her full name and “Dharamsala, India” written on the envelope. Now Dharamsala has a population on 20,000, but unbelievably it finds its way to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment