Wednesday, March 11, 2009

And The Pass Runs Out


Advertised as a 9am start, I arrived at 8.30 at the temple only to find the Dalai Lama teachings already in progress and situated right at the back. Fortunately, I have my headphones and radio with me unlike most of the traveller population who listen to HH Dalai Lama speaking Tibetan for three hours having “an experience” and looking forward to reporting back to family and friends. Even in English, most of it flies well over my head.

However, HHDL is a skilled teacher, and even without an accompanying Power-point presentation, adds in a few peeing and farting anecdotes to keep the likes of me amused. He also put on his yellow “pixie hat” for additional effect!

Normally there would be further Dalai Lama lessons in Dharamsala, but not this year. I´m hoping it will help disperse the increased tourist population in the village.

A day of putting the portfolio together for Contact Magazine. Will hopefully finish tomorrow, although tomorrow´s Day of Protest is “Women” so I guess I´ll have to tout the camera for one more day.

Does anyone see the similarity between HHDL and Chairman Mao in my exclusive photograph?

2 comments: