Saturday, January 2, 2010

Walks in the WInter Sun, MP3 Players and Spooks

I have now been in UK for 10 day, and today I finally get to see the winter sun for more than 20 minutes.

It´s 3 degrees Celsius, frost on the ground and not a cloud in the blue sky. Bereft of my beloved kora, I make do with a hike over the nearby golf course over to Hamper Mill.

Hamper Mill

The pathway is icy, but the light is low and sparkly. If I have learnt anything about photography the key component is light which will enhance any composition.

poplar trees




I also enjoyed an MP3 miracle.

My Creative Zen 16K purchased in May on my brief sojourn to Hong Kong refused to operate after the flight down from Dharamsala to Delhi. Next to my camera, it is my most treasured of material possessions and I was seriously concerned about its demise. Just before sleep last night i try it one more time and it unbelievably bursts into life.

Not all is rosy however. My poltergeist from my bedsit in The Ganj has also followed me into my parental home. Working in the dining room, there are footsteps to be heard in my bedroom above on a regular basis.

I tell G about it yesterday and as a logical soul he scoffs at my suggestion of paranormal activity. As we work downstairs the noise returns. G. insists that the noise is probably a mouse. One would expect to hear a soft scurry not footsteps. A little later, again the footsteps return – even heavier this time. I ask G if he wants to review his hypothesis. “Maybe it is a rat!” A rat – my ass.

Much later in the evening the footsteps return again and this time it is accompanied by a tapping on the upstairs window.

Whilst clearly not threatening, it is annoying and increasingly spooky.

No comments:

Post a Comment