Saturday, March 5, 2011

Things Fall Apart

Despite eleven months on the road i am in quality physical shape. This is more than can be said for my clothes. Apart from my “You Can” t-shirt bought in Ethiopia i haven’t had to replenish any clothes on my African adventures.

My jeans ripped at the left knee-cap in Aswan and i managed to snag my Watford Football Club trackie bottoms on my French dresser in my hotel here in Alexandra. It’s time to purchase some new trousers.

With some trepidation i head to the local souq in the centre of town armed with my well honed bartering skills and come up trumps within the hour.

One new pair of black jeans and cotton olive green Chinos. All for E£80 (about US$13). Not only do i feel a bit of a smug bastard, i look quite shiny too.

No comments:

Post a Comment