Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ciao Egypt

It has certainly been interesting in Egypt over such a historic moment in time. I have had the country virtually to myself. Hollywood would pay millions to empty the country’s temples and pyramids.

Despite the locals i have particularly enjoyed Egypt. Highlights have included my Felucca boat trip, Abu Simbel and Karnak temples and Siwa.

My now much lapsed international student card has been something of a godsend, getting me half price entry into virtually every historical site and museum that has been open. If you can get hold of one – go for it.

Would i have enjoyed it if i had been sharing the experience with a flotilla of thousands of tourists? Absolutely not.

Egypt will always remember and celebrate my birthday – January 25th. Respect!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Bday Aubrey!

    "despite the locals..." Haha!

    It's great you kept your student card. I knew it would come in handy. Back in the day, I got my "special edition" student card at Cairo U. before my tour of antiquities. Dunno if those still exist.

    Have fun in the Mid East...

    ReplyDelete