Saturday, July 10, 2010

Random Chaos Theory is God

G gave me some background on RCT recently on my last extended trip in England. However i am certainly not an expert. Others call it God. I meet a South African guy whose mum, lived in Harrow, reminisced about a shared love of Siamese fighting fish with local Steve and then bump into Austin who is encouraging about funding a full documentary project that Jaq has been working on as a virol for the SEED project in Sun City, Port au Prince. He is also sending me a Survival Guide to Kenya, further up the road I am to travel.

Having been adopted by Daikonos orphanage I am part of God’s Loving Circle being a “Blessing from God”, with prayers offered for my safe travels, daily email and Facebook messages as well as photos from my extended Haitian family.

Other crossings of paths are also useful. Another great wealth of information is Grant. This New Yorker is on a sabbatical from Harlem. Having come down the route i am to follow so i pick his brains about cool stuff to see. Although not much interested in soccer at home, he has fallen under the World Cup spell also. Grant is a writer and i am always happy to plug any book that is “a memoir of sex, drugs and Salsa dancing”. Auto biographical, it tells of his journey with a one way ticket and US$300. “Imagine – a Vagabond story” is available at www.vagabondstory.com We meet again i hope in Tanzania where he will be working in Hostelhoff in Moshi between August and October.

Having spent over an hour queuing at Port St Johns Post Office counter over the last two day to see if there is any sight of my on-line banking security devise, i get to witness random chaos first hand. Needless to say, it has still not arrived from England. I quickly draw up two alternative plans of action in case it never arrives into St Johns at all. With the World Cup coming to an end on Sunday, I am keen to move on for a brief sojourn in Swaziland before heading into the bowels of Mozambique for which I am extremely excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment