Friday, July 9, 2010

Food Thieves

It’s not the first time i have fallen victim to Fridge Thieves. Many of the Backpackers I have stayed on this trip offer shared kitchen facilities, and much needed for budget-minded travellers. However, invariably one falls prey to these selfish thieving gypsy bastards. Sadly, this even happens in hippy communities like that at Amapondo. In the time i have been here pasta, cheese, bread, olives and marinade sauce have all vanished from the fridge or personal basket. It is a pain in the ass, foils dinner plans and is a pretty selfish and mean thing to do. Steve has now kindly offered me space in his lock-up-able cupboard.

I like the notion of Karma (or justice if you prefer). I mentioned in a previous incarnation of this blog about having my digicam stolen from my bag whilst taking photos at Dalai Lama teachings in The Ganj.

What do you think would be a fitting punishment for food thieves? Food poisoning perhaps? Please leave your thoughts below.

As I write this at the sitting room in Amapondo, discussion on the “problem” is rapid and varied. Flipper wonders if the culprit is the same person who has taken two pairs of her washed panties. I will suggest to Tim, owner, that CCTV be installed.

Editor's Addition:
And now my electric toothbrush has disappeared

No comments:

Post a Comment