Saturday, June 26, 2010

Ready For The Next Round?

All World Cups throw up a few surprises, and South Africa 2010 has been no different. After all, over a ninety minute period it is eleven men against eleven and anything can happen. One of the beautiful things about the beautiful game.

Who could have expected to see the Italians, current World Champions finishing bottom of the group? And Slovakia to qualify in their place? So far, the match between these two teams has been the best of the tournament.

So I stand by the fact that my world cup predictions from December 2009, that twelve teams out of 16 that i picked have qualified for the knock-out round. I had also named every team that finished top of each of the eight groups. To the “Anonymous” commentator on my prediction posting who asked if I knew what I was talking about, clearly I do.

The South Americans have clearly shown that with their sublime skills, energy, pace and movement off the ball, all of the South American teams have qualified for the last 16. Usually, the teams from the host continent do better than expected, but not this time however. Only Ghana fly the flag for Africa.

It’s now time for some more crystal ball gazing. Based on current performances we are looking at an all South American final, between Argentina and Brazil. Push me further and i will say that the Brazilians will come out on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment