Monday, October 20, 2008

DANGER - Lemon Soda

Limca is a very tasty and refreshing lemon/lime fizzy drink, far superior to 7Up in my humble opinion. I fell in love with it on my first trip to India in 1989. This was in spite of the frequently made claim (rumour) that it was carcinogenic. Made by the Italian company, Bisleri, I was repeatedly informed that it had been banned in all European countries and could only be purchased in India. For 8 rupees, and with the absence of Coke (Thumbs Up, a local attempt was totally foul), I was clearly prepared to run the risk of cancer! Limca is now bottled by the Cocoa Cola company, just as delicious, (especially when served ice cold), and hopefully not so injurious to the health! These days the price is up to 15 rupees, but still worth every rupee.

No comments:

Post a Comment