Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back in McLeod Ganj


Despite the monsoon, this evening was clear. I took this shot with my 300mm lens from the balcony


Although my Summer was an excellent mix of work and pleasure back in England, it is great to be back in McLeod Ganj - despite the mildew growing on the bed, and lack of mobile telephone and reliable Internet connection

It´s also cool, wet and delightful. Unfortunately for the second summer in a row, the weather was predominantly cold, wet and/ or overcast.

For those following on Twitter, my next few postings will be about some of the odds and ends I enjoyed back in the UK, before returning to life back in India.

My body-bag of a case was jam packed with my research stuff and a wide variety of goodies purchased at Waitrose supermarket in Northwood, including eight packets of coffee (six of which are Colombian, 1.5 kilos of cheese, matzoh meal (for the manufacturing of schnitzels, pickles, English mustard and high quality of mayonnaise.

Meanwhile, once again LJ has found an excellent overview of the politics of McLeod Ganj. Click here to read.

Editor notes new photos of London are going up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment