Thursday, June 4, 2009

Onwards and Upwards

There are several morning buses that run up to Keylong, the capital of Lahaul, my next part of my journey. I hope to catch the 9am bus that takes from 6 - 9 hours to make the 115kms journey. The bus heads up over the 3978m Rohtang Pass (literally translates as the pass of "dead souls" in tribute to all the hundreds of people that have lost their lives endeavouring to enter Lahaul from the south.

To make it across to Spiti, I will have to cross the Kunzum Pass which I'm unhelpfully told could be open anywhere between 3 and 15 days from now. As yet, I am not too concerned. I have been through Lahaul before, but rushed through in a day. I am looking forward to spending some quality time here.

1 comment:

  1. in manali thr are many things to see jsut like nagar castle , hadmba temple and manu temple .. and many more natural beauty and mountiouns ... in the season of winter u will find everwhr snow .... it gives a very gud look and person can get some kind of satisfaction to see somthing different as compair with his busy lyf ... here u could get chance to interect with many adventure sports just like river raffting , zorbing , pera- gliding , skying river crossig and all.... i spend here one year of my lyf and nw im missing too much this place ... i wish to visit it again and also wish to live here permantly ... and i would suggest everone to visit here once in his lyf for his personal satisfaction.....

    ReplyDelete