Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Parental Home

I have finished at Oxford and I am currently based at my parents house for most of the duration of my UK trip.

I’d be lying if i was to say it is pretty weird; clearly in their eyes their little boy is home and can’t spoil me enough. Meals are various and completely free-flowing, and i am banned from doing any household chores.

I left home for university at 18 and have thrived ever since. Naturally independent with an interest in cooking and “doing my own thing” i have not been based in Britain since 1991.

A recent survey released this week in the UK however states that one in three males (and one in five females) aged between 20 – 50 live with their parents.

One wonders if this is a question of excessive house prices, the economic recession, a pure love of their parents or just can’t be bothered to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment