Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Trip To The Barbers


Despite my fast receding hairline, I still need to cut my hair regularly. In Colombia, I was a regular at Jose Ricardo´s to be found in south Cedritos, Bogotá. For US$3 they were consistently good for a haircut, and I was often in and out within 10 minutes. In India however, these barbers are real perfectionists. For less than two dollars, you can enjoy not just a haircut, but a double cut-throat razor shave with liberal use of a variety of aftershave lotions, and completed with a head massage. The whole process won´t give you much change from an hour! It really is a very enjoyable experience and I can begin to appreciate those women who regularly indulge in make-overs and spa experiences.

I went for a session yesterday at "R and K Hairdressers" in McLeod Ganj. On completion I inform My Man that it is my birthday on Sunday and ask him how old he thinks I am. Without hesitation he replies “55”. Not surprisingly, no tip ensues!

No comments:

Post a Comment