Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sir Francis Younghusband


I am just completing Younghusband´s “Wonders of The Himalaya” He writes well and oozes a very strong and clear sense of morality and humanity. Although a devout Christian, he clearly respects others´ religions of his travelling companions, (God by any other name) and embraced Darwin´s theory of evolution. This is the same Younghusband who indiscriminately massacred five to six hundred of Tibetans in the hamlet of Guru. I wonder if Hitler shows the same degree of humanity in Mein Kampf – I have never read it. After all, he was a vegetarian.

Younghusband (1863-1942) writes “when I first started travelling it was the outward aspect of the world that interested me. Now it is the character and motive.” It´s a natural progression methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment